Since smoking can be a powerful complicated addiction, stopping it is no mean small feat and you’ll likely need to have lots of support to be successful. To deal with the emotional and physical symptoms of smoking addiction, acupuncture can be a great way to cure your problem.
The following are six things you need to know about using acupuncture treatment to halt smoking in Winter Park.
1. Your body has a “Stop Smoking” acupuncture point – This acupoint is referred to as the “Tim Mee,” which is specifically used to quit smoking. The “Tim Mee” is located on the inside of your arm, a finger’s width on top of the crease of your wrist. It is mainly used to help people quit smoking and does so by modifying the way a cigarette tastes.
Smoking is a complicated habit and most likely, treating this point with acupuncture won’t be enough. The Tim Mee point is usually a potent acupoint, but to neutralize cravings and heal and restore balance in your body, it should be used alongside the other acupuncture points.
2. To help battle cravings, you can use simple acupressure techniques – One way to deal with the cravings at home is to massage the ear. This technique releases natural painkilling chemicals known as endorphins and also triggers acupuncture points to help rebalance Chi.
3. Herbs Can Help Suppress Cravings – There are a wide variety of herbs that can help repair tissue, detoxify the body, and reduce irritability and cravings. Contact your local acupuncturist to make an appointment and discuss the treatments available that work best for you.
4. Although acupuncture can’t alter your habits, it can help lessen your cravings – Cravings for cigarettes are just one facet of cigarette addiction. A lot of times, your smoking addiction can be much harder to stop than stopping the physical addiction.
During extreme emotional situations when you’re used to smoking during times when you feel vulnerable and naked, not smoking can make you feel even worse. This can be very challenging but it’s all quite normal.
If you have a smoking addiction, we advise you to utilize all the support systems you have at your disposal. Seek assistance from friends and family. Exercise, join a support group, and find interesting and new smoke-free activities.
Curing you addiction to smoking requires social, emotional, and physical support.
5. Acupuncture is one the most effective ways to help you quit smoking – This treatment helps stop smoking addiction by curbing cigarette cravings. A lot of people have had success with this and recently there have been clinical studies to support these claims.
In a recent published study entitled, “Alternative Smoking Quitting Aids: A Meta-study of Controlled Randomized Trials,” data was collected from over a dozen medical studies to demonstrate what type of alternative treatments helped patients quit smoking. The study observed 823 patients. In the end, the study revealed that both hypnotherapy and acupuncture can help patients stop their smoking habits. For the cessation of smoking, the scientific community recommends that more studies need to be done to prove that acupuncture can indeed help cure smoking addiction.
There are many ways acupuncture can help people stop smoking. It helps detoxify the body, stops restlessness, reduces irritability and cravings, and boosts relaxation. It can also bring back balance in your body and facilitates the healing process.
There are a wide variety of ear massage therapies to help stop smoking addiction. You can massage your ear in circular motions. The front and inner crevices of your ear can be massaged. Your earlobes can also be massaged with gentle circular motions and pulls.
For the treatment to work even better, we advice people to know more about the specific acupoints, that works best for their body and for themselves. In certain instances, the acupuncturist can place a small bead on the acupoint in your ear and hold it with tape to keep it in place. Just press on the bead to alleviate your cravings when you feel a craving coming on.